Monday, October 26, 2009

Fun Filled Weekend

Well, my husband and I loaded up the boys and went on our first overnight trip ever as a family. We went to Nacogdoches, TX to Stephen F. Austin's homecoming game. For those that may not know, Mark is a graduate of SFA and misses it dearly. The town is beautiful and the people are so friendly.

We stayed in the motel that time forgot. The comforter had a cigarette burn and there were bugs in the bathtub. That didn't matter. The boys had a blast, jumping back and forth on the queen size beds.

At the game, "W" (my three year old) was stung when he tried to catch a bumblebee. We ended up sitting on the grassy sidelines which was fine for the boys. They spent the 2nd half of the game rolling down the hill.

After the game, we went out to eat, and then went to our favorite restaurant to get margaritas. We ordered the boys a huge fried ice cream. It was so funny to see them get excited about it. They spent the next hour jumping around from all the sugar.

We played at the park, picked up pecans and pine cones, and just spent time together relaxing and enjoying our family. It was so nice! I cannot wait for more trips like this.....

Tech Tip for Today

historicaltweets.com

I love it! The tweets are from historical figures...hilarious!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I passed it on to my history teachers.

    ReplyDelete