Monday, January 11, 2010

The Alliance

I have joined an alliance with my Tweeps....I am not sure what that means but that guarantees that I will soon have an actual audience for my blog. I plan on still keeping it a mixture of personal and professional posts. I shall begin with the personal first...


This weekend, due to technical difficulties, we were not able to start working on our new house. Instead, we went shopping for a new bedroom set for the boys. We found the cutest camping lamp, pillows, and curtains. However, Target did not have the comforter. I ordered it online as soon as I came home. We are looking for our bedroom set next.


Ok, now for the professional...I finished my wiki for my upcoming session at Reg12. I think it turned out pretty good. I plan on keeping it updated so people can use it as a tool. I am busy writing grants and trying to get people excited about using technology in the classroom. My biggest success has been Animoto. The teachers really like using Animoto to introduce their topics. Another fun thing the teachers used was Voki. I could use some lesson suggestions for EInstruction's Interwrite Mobi (tablets) and GPS devices. Those two items are my personal grant requests for this semester.
Well, that is all for right now. I am off to pick up my kiddos....

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you have joined the alliance...audiences are always a good thing :)

    Personal: adorable bedroom set!

    Professional: I am always impressed when teachers are excited about using new technology in the classroom. It can be a constant struggle to find "the thing" that will hook teachers and help them to see the value that technology can bring. It sounds like your teachers have been introduced to two winners. Now that is an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete