Monday, February 8, 2010

I am sore...

We worked on the house all weekend. My grandparents were HUGE fans of dark paneling. Well, once we pulled the paneling off, we discovered WALLPAPER! Yes, a lovely floral wallpaper straight out of the 80s. So, I spent my weekend scraping wallpaper. I am feeling like we bit off more than we can handle. The amount of work we still have remaining is a bit overwhelming. I just keep telling myself a little at a time.

I have discovered several really cool websites and I am listing them in no particular order:

1. Livebrush - It is a really cool drawing tool. The students would enjoy using it to doodle at the end of a class period or during free time.

2. Cooliris - This is a site way of sorting your photos. It looks almost like an IPhone.

3. Gickr - This site lets you create a gif animation of your photos.

4. Word It Out - It is like Wordle on steroids. It creates really neat word clouds.

5. AllMyFaves and Symbaloo - What a neat way to search? I think it is better than Google...or you can use it to access your favorite Google Tools.

Pretty short post but I have a ton to do before I leave for TCEA. Can't wait! Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, all that work just to discover wallpaper? What a bummer! It will all be worth it when you are finished.
    I love using Cool Iris during teaching, it is such a great tool to help students visualize difficult concepts or time periods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not heard of some of these things. thankyou so much! Now to explore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really intrigued by Livebrush. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great links! I think there is only one that I have heard of before (and that was just last week). Thanks for sharing! I am really enjoying all the great ideas and links shared in the blog alliance!

    ReplyDelete