Monday, March 29, 2010

Random Stuff

Last week was a super busy week. On the same day, I monitored the TELPAS test, trained on the SMART Board, and presented at Region 12. I was dog tired. I will share some of the things I shared:



Also, I am not sure where/how I came across this handout, but, it is a GREAT resource for ANY teacher. It is 44 pages long, so I probably wouldn't print it out. I used something like this when I taught. At the end of the school day, I reflected on if the strategy worked successfully or what I might want to try for next time. There are strategies for opening and closing a lesson, and everything else in between.

I also came across this page of tools to enhance/encourage collaboration. I mean, what a great site! So many here I had not heard of...

Here are a few other random sites I checked out (and liked) this past weekend...

Ipadio - it's like Gabcast but easier....
Thwapr - share videos to phones...plan on testing this with my iPod touches(?)
Free Audio Books - books you can download..plan on using with the iPod touches...

And I was looking for some more sites like Freeplaymusic and found these....

Free Music Archive (search by genre at the top)

On a personal note, we hung mini blinds and are actually seeing an end in sight at the new house. Mark, my husband, is having some trouble with the wiring of some of the switches because the house is just so darn old. Other than that, the good news keeps coming...my dad went today and cancer is still in remission....YAY! I plan on having my parents over for Easter dinner. Mom is bringing the ham, and I am to do the sides...anybody have a great recipe they want to share??? :)

Have a great week.....I am attending a session Wednesday over podcasting so watch for podcasting goodies to come!

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy, I am loving these resources, thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete