Monday, March 22, 2010

SMART Board goodies and other stuff

I LOVE THE SMART BOARD! There, I said it. It was introduced to me this year and I must say, it was love at first site. There are so many things you can do with it. From movies to interactives, it is so much more than a board used with your projector. I have developed a training session for my teachers and placed the information on my wiki. Feel free to use/share with other SMARTBoard enthusiasts.

Today is a faculty meeting day. I have added what I plan on sharing to my website. I have pasted below the tools I hope to share...

1. Cool Iris - It's simply the fastest and most stunning way to browse photos and videos from the Web or your desktop. Effortlessly scroll an infinite "3D Wall" of your content without having to click page to page, whether you'e on Facebook, Google Images, YouTube, Flickr, Picasa, Kodak Gallery, or any supported site. Or channel surf the latest news, TV episodes, movies, and music videos all from within Cooliris.
2. Livebrush - Livebrush is a drawing application. It employs an easy-to-use brush tool that reacts to your gesture. By combining simple motion controls with brush styles, Livebrush offers a fun and unique way to create graphics.
3. Word it Out - Simply enter some text and create your word cloud. You can keep your word cloud secret or share it. You can even embed it onto your webpage. The settings are also customizable.
4. Kaleidocycle - Upload your own photos and create a foldable cube. Create your own Rubix cube of review terms, images, etc.
5. Random - Check out the free random things you can do at this site. Play the coin flipper, dice roller, or card shuffler as a means of classroom collaboration.

On a personal note, I can now see my house as our home instead of rooms filled with boxes. I hung curtains, ceiling fans, and pictures over the weekend. It is amazing how these little things make your house feel like your home. We even ate our very first meal at the dining room table. For my own record keeping, I cooked a pork tenderloin roast, mashed potatoes, and bread. It finally is becoming our home. Pictures will be posted soon! Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Great start on the wiki. I love IWBs too, and I hope you impress upon your fellow educators the need for SHARING your lessons!!! No need to reinvent the wheel. If someone else has already carved the stone for you. A little tweak or two, and you'll find that their wheel will work great in your class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice wiki! I am really enjoying our IWB's too, so much fun!
    Congratulations on getting moved in and starting to feel settled. It makes such a difference in the way that everything else in your life feels doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete