Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Search Engines and Web 2.0 Tools

Thanks to @cheryltice for these great resources from her wiki. Cheryl has a page called "Quick Tech Tips" and there you will find the slideshow "Thirty-six Interesting Ways to Use Search Engines in the classroom". I have listed my favorite four search engines that provide students with a visual representation of their results (in no specific order):

1. Tag Galaxy - I must put a warning label on this tool. It is addicting!!! I spent 15 minutes this morning playing with it.

2. Search Cube - While a little tricky to use, the results include videos and images.

3. Eyeplorer - I think this would be a great tool to use for brainstorming a research paper or assignment.

4. 10x10 - This is all current events. I love the fact that you can choose a different date and time (after 2004) and look at the current events for that day. What a neat addition to your "Today in History" updates...

Through my Diigo updates, I came across this site called "Paul's E-learning Resources". I LOVE THIS SITE! There are so many Web 2.0 tools here, all on ONE page, and categorized by purpose. It is easy to use and completely FREE. I love the way this page is neat and organized. Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of Eyeplorer myself, love the visual search engines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @tombarrett does the "interesting ways to use...." series on his blog - they're awesome!

    http://edte.ch/blog/interesting-ways/

    ReplyDelete