Friday, June 11, 2010

Grad School 2.0 Tools

Today, I attended my first face to face class in grad school at Tarleton. Dr. Worrell (@DrWorrell) is awesome and has so many cool tools and great ideas for implementing technology in the classroom. She shared the following great sites today:

1. Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators - Too many great tools here to name..I really liked Alternatime as one of her timeline resources, Best WebQuests, and Ask Kids ( a really cool search engine for kids).

2. Six Word Memoirs - I do not remember how I stumbled upon this site but what a fun writing assignment. Sum up yourself, the main character in our story, the plot of a novel or conflict in a novel, in six words. Divide the class into groups or partners and assign each a character, setting, conflict, lit. term, anything related to a story and have them make a six word memoir.

3. Social Media Posters - I am trying to find ways of using and promoting the use of social media within my campus/district. This is a neat assortment of posters that convey the importance of social media.

All in all, grad school is exciting and overwhelming at the same time. I seem to be juggling things ok, but this is only week 1. Keep your fingers crossed for me...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment