Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Short Stories and Movie Videos

I am always looking for neat extensions to anything. Yesterday, a few English teachers and I were discussing a few of our favorite short stories. I mentioned William Faulkner's A Rose For Emily. Someone mentioned she shows Tanya Tucker's Delta Dawn video and discusses the similarities between the characters Delta Dawn and Miss Emily.




Then someone mentioned The Cask of Amontillado and I mentioned Toby Keith's "It's a Little Too Late" and how these two settings are the same. Then as a class we also mentioned irony.





I love literature...

2 comments:

  1. Great way to help students make connections with literature. I took a faith and film class in college where we did something similar. It was a great class and had me thinking critically and making connections every time I watched a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is praiseworthy.Please accept my heartiest greetings on the shop.I hope you like the small shop i sent to you today to convey warm feeling.Looking forward to hearing more from you.


    Movie

    ReplyDelete