You need to have the students bring a cereal box (empty of course).
1. In partners, assign a story (fable, fairy tale, something that they can read). They will read (The 3 Little Pigs for example) and with their partner, create a cereal box promoting the story.
2. First, cover the cereal box with construction paper.
3. Next, create a cover for the box. This should include the title, a picture, and maybe a caption (a quote from the story or maybe even a review like “Coach Smart gives The 3 Little Pigs two hooves up!”)
4. For the side, instead of nutritional facts, here they will list the cast of characters, using terms such as antagonist, protagonist, major and minor characters.
5. For the back, they will cover it with the facts from the story and pictures. These would include: exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution.