Wednesday, December 1, 2010

12 Days of Whataburger

Even before I became pregnant, I have been a HUGE fan of Whataburger. I mean, who can resist those tasty fries, burgers, and chicken tenders? I find myself pulling in to a Whataburger at least once a week now for breakfast.

This morning was no different than other mornings. I was running late and had forgotten an important paper at home. I wrestled with fussy children this morning who didn't want to get dressed, didn't want to go to daycare, and didn't care that mommy was running late for work. As I realized my paper left behind, I called my husband and asked him to scan it for me. I pulled up to the Whataburger drive-thru and ordered my breakfast.

When I pull up to pay, the lady behind the window says "Someone has already paid for your breakfast." I quickly look around to see if I know anyone. She says, "A stranger paid for your breakfast." I immediately burst into tears. That person will have no idea what this meant for me. I was having a horrible morning and really couldn't afford my breakfast. This stranger made my day, and his/her $4 gives me hope.

I don't want to get too emotional but, do something nice for someone else. Even something as small as $4 breakfast can make someone's day. And if you love Whataburger, sign up for the 12 Days of Whataburger, and buy someone else a tasty breakfast.

http://12days.whataburger.com/

1 comment:

  1. Amazing what little acts of kindness can do for us! I am jealous that you have access to Whataburger. I only know of them because it was a special treat when we would go visit my family in Texas for the holidays. Whataburger reminds me of Christmas, family, and my grandmother. That person who paid for your breakfast has given me the blessing of sweet memories. Thank you both for that!

    ReplyDelete